My client is looking to appoint a Head of Legal to join their offices based in West Sussex. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the role will cover a diverse range or corporate matters ranging from coordination of all legal work, monitoring changes in relevant legislation and managing and taking responsibility for the provision of comprehensive legal, company secretarial and governance services.
As the Head of Legal, you will be responsible for the Coordination of all legal work for the Trust including: Governing documentation, Terms of Reference, Insurances, Charity Commission, Companies House documentation and adhoc contracts and agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with external counsel on legal/complaints actions and other legal issues as required and review their performance annually
- Responsibility for contracts management including implementation of a robust process, maintaining the contracts register, negotiation of new contracts and renewals, and review of Service User and Supplier contracts/agreements
- Work with the Head of Estates and the Director of Corporate Services to coordinate all property legal work, including property sales, purchases and property leases and ensuring thorough execution of legal documentation with the Board of Trustees
- Keeping the Board of Trustees and SMT informed of all governance and legal information relevant to them and provide any necessary training and/or guidance to ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities with regards to procedure
- Identify discrepancies in reporting and missed targets, highlighting possible penalties and supporting/monitoring the development of action plans to resolve issues
- Ensure the Trust complies with procedures in connection with lotteries, legislation and legal implications of fundraising activities including trading companies
- Ensure compliance to legislation relating to campaigning
- Maintaining and updating the statutory records, ensuring the timely filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with extensive post qualification experience
- Solid understanding and experience of legislation, governance requirements and best practice ideally within a Health & Social Care setting and the compliance needs of a charity
- Experience of a high standard of business writing with proven experience of documenting complex and confidential commercial meeting and proposals
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Mark Chambers at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.